Archive of Services
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Superficial Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Medical Massage
- Sports Massage
- Craniosacral Massage
- Reflexology Massage
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage helps relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly effective method for releasing chronic pain due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, open communication during the session is crucial to make sure you don’t get too uncomfortable. Keep in mind that soreness is pretty common after the treatment, and that plenty of water should be ingested to aid with the flushing and removal of toxins that will have been released from the deep tissue during the session.
Swedish Massage employs the use of effleurage (gliding strokes), petrissage (kneading strokes), tapotment (percussion), and vibration.The benefits of this type of bodywork are relief from anxiety and depression, decreased stress and relaxation.
Pregnancy Massage is a style of bodywork designed specifically for pregnant women. Pregnancy is a time when a woman’s body endures tremendous stress due to dramatic physical and emotional changes. Using various techniques specially developed for the expecting mother, Pregnancy Massage helps release the pain and discomfort experienced throughout pregnancy. The benefits are profound, including emotional support, the relief of joint pain due to extra weight and postural imbalance, and improved breathing and relaxation.
Is defined as manipulation of the soft tissue with the intent of improving pathology or conditions, which have been diagnosed by a qualified physician. These conditions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Post operative pain secondary to scar tissue formation.
- Limited range of motion and mobility due to any medical condition
- Decreased function
- Rehabilitation is directed at improving structural imbalances secondary to musculoskeletal dysfunction, sports injuries, accidents, acute, and chronic pain.
- Medical massage includes use of a variety of modalities: Ultrasound, infrared, cold laser, assisted soft tissue mobilization tools including Graston, or Ghau Shau, MTPS (electric stimulator), kinesiotaping, topical analgesics (non medicinal), hot packs, and cold packs.
- Contra indications for use of these modalities are:
- Decreased sensation
- Cardiac pacemakers
- Metal implants
- Raynaud’s disease
- DVTs or varicosities
Is defined as massage directed to the Athlete Pre Event to prevent or reduce risk of injury as well as to improve performance.
- This includes: warm up along with improving circulation through proper stretching
- Post Event massage is used to help in facilitation of a quick recovery.
CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle yet powerful technique that is effective in releasing neck pain, back pain, and mental stress (among other things). It does this by optimizing the movement of cerebrospinal fluid through the spine and around the skull. Developed by physician William Sutherland, this therapy provides a very soothing and relaxing healing experience.